Hair care is one very important topic because we all desire a healthy and beautiful hair. There are various natural organic products that can be used to achieve remarkable results but getting those products is difficult because some sellers dilute them just to increase the quantity in other for them to make more profit and this alters the effectiveness of the product. We can also make them by ourselves but some are really time-consuming and most people have very busy schedule. In this article, we are going to list our recommended best hair care products that can easily be bought in Nigeria.
Some people maintain their natural hair while others use relaxers on their hair to make it easy to manage. No matter the condition of your hair, there is a product for everybody and you will discover the ones that are best suitable for you as you read on.
Types of hair care products
This is a hair care products that is mostly in the form of a viscous liquid. It is used to remove unwanted buildup of sebum in the hair without removing too much hair nutrients. It is usually applied on wet hair and massaged into the scalp then rinse off thoroughly and sometimes followed by a conditioner. There are different types of shampoo depending on the ingredients used in making them and the exact results they are expected to achieve. The different types will be discussed below and you can choose your shampoo based on your needs.
Read also:Hair Care Routine for Relaxed Hair
1). Clarifying shampoo:
The aim of this type of shampoo is to remove sebum buildup caused by excessive usage of substantive products over a long period of time. It should be used only when it is absolutely necessary because it has the ability of stripping off natural oils from the hair and causing damage to the hair.
2). Mild shampoo:
It is also known as everyday shampoo. Mild shampoo can be used daily because they have the ability to wash the hair clean without stripping off any nutrients.
3). Volumizing shampoo:
Volumizing shampoo contain special ingredients that makes it add friction at the root of a hair and builds up volume.
4). Oily hair shampoo:
This shampoo is similar to clarifying shampoo. It washes off sebum from the scalp without stripping off too much nutrients from the hair.
5). Normal shampoo:
This shampoo has the ability of cleaning the hair properly and leaving a slight layer of conditioner.
6). Dry hair shampoo:
Dry shampoo is designed to clean the hair gently and to deposit protective layer to the hair. It contains oils, silicone and conditioner that coats the hair shaft.
7). Coloured hair shampoo:
Coloured shampoo is another class of mild shampoo. It contains colour booster that help revitalize the shade of the hair. It also adds conditioning to the hair.
8). Two-in-one shampoo:
This type of shampoo has both cleansing and conditioning properties. No extra conditional is needed when using this.
9). Medicated shampoo:
They are designed to do more than just cleansing. It’s main function is relieving scalp itching or scaling. And they mostly contain antifungal or antibacterial properties.
These are hair care products that improves the appearance and feel of the hair. It’s main objective is to reduce friction between hair strands and make it easy to brush or comb the hair. As a result, the hair becomes very easy to manage. Conditioners can be found in several forms such as; gel, cream, lotion, spray and viscous liquid. It is mostly apply on the hair after washing with shampoo.
1). Normal conditioner:
This is done just after washing the hair with shampoo. It helps make the hair soft and easy to comb.
2). Deep conditioning:
This is an added boost to normal conditioning. It helps nourish and restore hair curls, it also prevents frizz since it can penetrate the hair cuticle. This further hydrates the hair and define curls. Deep conditioning is done before or after normal conditioning. Deep conditioning is also very important for those that are transitioning their hair from relaxed hair to natural hair.
3). Leave in conditioner:
These are conditioners that do not require rinsing off after application. They remain in the hair and keeps it moisturized and soft. They protect the hair from sun rays and pollutants, as well as enhancing detangling. Apply leave-in conditioner on the hair after washing or after taking a shower.
Organic hair oils
Organic oils are highly effective for our skin and hair. Below is a list of some of them and their functions;
- Argan oil: Argan oil moisturizers the hair and fights against dandruff. It is also protect the hair from damage and adds shined to the hair.
- Almond oil: Almond oil hydrates the hair and makes it soft and shiny. It moisturizes both the scalp and the hair strands.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil moisturizers the hair, adds shine, prevent breakage and split ends. It also fight against dandruff and promote hair scalp health.
- Amla oil: This oil reduces hair loss and promotes growth. It also prevents premature greying of hair and strengthens the scalp.
- Olive oil: Olive oil reduces scalp irritation, moisturises the hair and reduce dandruff
- Jojoba oil: Jojoba oil is good for strengthening hair, preventing hair loss and promoting hair thickness.
- Avocado oil: This oil has the ability to penetrate the hair shaft and deeply moisturizes. It also strengthens the hair and prevent breakage.
- Moroccan oil: This oil adds shine and restores damaged hair. It also helps to balance pH
- Castor oil: Castor oil is effective for treating dandruff and improving hair growth.
- Mustard oil: Mustard oil stimulate hair growth by increasing blood circulation in the scalp. It also prevents dandruff and hair loss
- Moringa oil: Moringa oil moisturizers the hair and scalp, improves hair growth and treat split end.
You can purchase any of these oils from organic shops or online shops and add them to your hair care products.
7 Best hair care products in Nigeria
Below is a list of the hair care products brand that I personally recommend based on good reviews and testimonies;
- Nature’s gentle touch
- Hair wonder
- Creme of nature
- Hair now now growth serum
You can get these hair care products in Nigeria, just order from online shops like jumia, konga or buy them from the market.