Oily skin is as a result of overproduction of sebum. Oily and acne-prone skin are difficult to manage but there are several well-known home ingredients that can be used to treat oily skin. This article is going to discuss the 10 best natural home remedies for oily skin.
List of Natural Home Remedies for Oily Skin
Washing of Face:
It is absolutely essential to keep a clean hygiene and that includes regular washing of your face. If you have an oily skin, ensure to wash your face twice daily as that will reduce the oil on the surface of your skin and it will keep your pores cleans. But be careful not to over do it. Also, use a mild soap when you do this.
Oatmeal is a good exfoliant and it is also known for absorbing excess oil. grinded oatmeal can be mixed with honey, yogurt,m apple, banana etc and used as face mask.
How to use oatmeal on your face
- Mix half cup of grinded oatmeal with hot water to form a paste.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey, yoghurt or mashed fruit and stir it together.
- Apply the mixture to your face and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes then rinse with warm water.
Also read:How to Know Your Skin Type
Another natural products that helps to remove excess oil and impurities from the skin is almond. It is also a good exfoliant.
How to effectively use almond on your face
- Place 3 teaspoon of raw grinded almond in a bowl
- Add 2 tablespoon of Honey to the grinded almond and mix it together.
- Apply the mixture on your face and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water and pat your face dry.
Lemon juice and egg whites
Egg white and lemon are both good remedies for oily skin, they both have the characteristics of tightening pores and lemon is known to have antibacterial properties.
How to make and use lemon and egg white mixture
- Take one egg break it open and separate the egg white from the yolk add one teaspoon of lemon juice to the egg white and mix it together.
- Apply the mixture on your face leave it to stay until it dries.
- Rinse it off with warm water and pat dry.
Honey is one known skin care product that moisturizes the skin. It is antibacterial and antiseptic in nature.
To use honey for your skin, just apply a small portion of it to your face and spread it all over your face. Leave it for 10 minutes and rinse it off thoroughly with warm water.
Read also:How to know your skin tone
Tomato is rich in salicylic acid. This acid helps remove excess oil from the skin and unclog pores.
How to use tomato for skin
- Mix 1 teaspoon of sugar with 1 pulp of tomato.
- Apply the mixture on your skin in a circular motion and leave it for 5 minutes
- Rinse it off thoroughly with warm water and pat dry.
Jojoba oil is highly effective in treating oily skin, acne and other skin problems. Apply a few drops of jojoba oil on your clean skin 3 times in a week and see how you react to it. If you feel it makes your skin condition worse then stop using it immediately.
Aloe vera has numerous benefits to skin and health in general. Before you use aloe vera, test to know if you are allergic to it. Do this by applying a thin layer of aloe vera on your forearm and leave it for a while, rinse it off and observe your skin if you have any reaction within 24 to 48 hours, if there is no reaction then it is safe for you to use it.
To use aloe vera for your skin, apply a thin layer on your face and leave it overnight, rinse it off in the morning and pat dry.
Cucumber is hydrating and is very good at tightening open pores. It is a natural cleanser and it is rich in antioxidants vitamins such as vitamins A, E and magnesium.
Mix cucumber with egg white and lemon juice and apply the mixture on your face and leave it for 15 minutes, rinse it off with warm water and pat dry.