Oftentimes we have skin irritations like acne, blackheads, pimples, roughness, red patches, uneven skin tone e.t.c. this is often caused by diet, environment, skin sensitivity, skin products e.t.c. These irritation can be overcome by various natural substances. The aim of this write up is to enable us learn how to make face and body scrub naturally to clear spots, acne, blemishes and pimples.
How to Make Face and Body Scrub
Activated Charcoal scrub:
This is one of the most effective type of scrub. Charcoal is a compound that removes bacteria, poisons and chemicals from the skin. This make it a very good scrub ingredient in removing dead cells, smoothing the face and skin and removing bacterial that cause acne.
- Activated charcoal: This is the normal charcoal that is use in making fire for cooking.
- Turmeric: Fresh turmeric or powdered turmeric.
- Essential oil: Depends on your desired skin tone. For fair skin, carrot oil, papaya oil, rose oil, Egyptian oil, lemon oil is best. For melanin skin tone, coconut oil, frankincense, jojoba oil, tea tree oil, rosehip oil is better.
- Sandalwood powder
- Oatmeal: The oat we eat is rich in antioxidants that help us get rid of the effects of UV rays from sun on our skin and other pollutants. Oats help in treating eczema, sunburn and psoriasis. Oat is also a very good exfoliating substance.
- Distilled water: Bottle water or cooled boiled water.
- Measuring scale
- mixing bowl
- blender or mortar
- small turning stick or big spoon
- measuring cups and spoons
Note: You can use your discretion for the measurement as well.
- Crush your charcoal, grind till you get a powdered form using your blender or mortar. Measure 100g of it. You can also increase it depending on the quantity you want.
- Grate fresh turmeric or measure 20g of powdered tumeric
- Mix the activated charcoal and turmeric in a bowl then add four tablespoons of sandalwood powder.
- Grind 50g of oatmeal to powder, add to the mixture.
- Add 50 ml of honey to the mixture. Then add 100 ml of rose water.
- Stir the mixture together till they are well integrated.
- Add 20 ml of any essential oil that suits you from the one listed above.
- Stir well. Add distilled water till you get the desired texture. Note: Do not make it watery.
- Keep in an airtight container. It is always fresh and doesn’t get bad. Keep in a cool dry place or your bathroom.
This face scrub type is highly effective, you start seeing results immediately.
Also Read:How to Make Baby Lotion
You can use it twice daily for a start. 3- 4 times weekly should be your regular use.
- It has no side effects
- Removes wrinkles and anti aging
- Clears spots, acne, marks and burns
- Removes dead cells and blemishes
- Evens skin tone i.e it makes your skin tone uniform. No patches.
Other Ways to Make Face Scrub
Honey is a very good natural antioxidant and antibacterial substance. These properties of honey makes it a good skin care agent.
Applying original honey on your face and leaving for 15 to 30 mins before washing off with a face towel and tepid water at least 5 times daily will help reduce acne, pimples and dark spots.
For a fairer skin, add in 6:3 of honey and half caste oil.
Sugar is a very good exfoliator, lemon itself is a cleaning agent.
- Add few drops of lemon oil to a desired amount of sugar
- apply on your face
- massage it into your skin
- do this for 15 mins
- wash off with warm water
- After the wash off, splash enough cool water on your face to seal your pores
Clay or mud is highly effective. You can add beet root or powdered guava/avocado leaves(optional).
- Get your clay, mix it with your powdered guava leaves and water to form a paste
- apply on face after deep cleaning your face with a towel
- let it stay for 15 -30 mins
- wash it off with cold water
Note: You can wash off with warm water, ensure you use cold water after doing so.
Egg white and lemon:
Egg white is a top natural skin glow substance. Lemon has antibacterial properties.
- add drops of natural lemon juice extract to your egg white
- stir together and apply on your washed face
- You leave for hours, it is best effective to use at night before going to bed and you wash off in the morning.
If you repeat this process alongside any of the scribing process, not only will you get rid of acne, you will get a glowing face and body.