Dark knuckles are very noticeable dark decolourations that results from a change in melanin. They can really be embarrassing and they make people develop low self-esteem, but do not worry anymore. This article focuses on how to get rid of dark knuckles naturally without any side effects.
Causes of dark knuckles:
1) Dryness: When your hands and feet are exposed to harsh chemicals or too much washing. This often leads to darkening of knuckles.
2) Skin diseases: Certain skin diseases like psoriasis and eczema tend to make your knuckles dark.
3) Lack of proper care: Our hands and feet are often neglected by us. We fail to care for them the way they deserve.
- Adding a few drops of glycerin, olive oil or jojoba oil to your regular cream and apply it on your knuckles.
- Wash/scrub well when bathing. Moisturise well too.
- Use a sun-block cream before you step out in the sun. This offers protection and prevents further darkening.
Exfoliation with lemon juice;
Mix a spoon of lemon juice with sugar and rub your hands vigorously for about ten minutes, Wash off with water, dry your hands, moisturize with your skin Glow Oil.
The almond-curd treatment;
Mix crushed almonds with curd and apply the paste on your knuckles. Rub for 10 minutes. This practice, done everyday, helps to reduce darkness and makes skin fairer.
Moisturize with milk cream;
Mix the content of a vitamin E capsule with some milk cream. Apply on your dry knuckles and wait for sometime. Then, rub it for about 5 minutes and wash off. It softens dry skin. You may add a pinch of turmeric to benefit from the antiseptic and skin-lightening properties of turmeric.
Lemon and honey pack;
Use equal quantities of lemon juice and honey to make a soothing and moisturizing pack. Apply it regularly to get rid of dark knuckles.
Milk and rice water treatment;
Soak rice in water for about 30mins, take out water, add milk to the water and few drops of honey, apply the mixture on your knuckles/knee caps/toes leave for 15 mins, wash off with warm water, apply cool water after, dry with clean towel. Apply your Skin Glow Oil to moisturize and Glow.
Ingredients; 1 tablespoon milk, 1 potato, 3-4 drops of lemon juice, half teaspoon honey, 1 tablespoon almond oil,1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Slice your potato and cook it till it becomes soft.
- Mash your potato and add the rest of the ingredients, making them into paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected area and leave for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle your hand with ordinary water and use your pumice stone to rub gently the area for 5 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water
- Repeat the process for at least twice a week.