Jojoba oil Simmondsia Chinensis is an odourless non sticky oil, rich in Vitamin E, selenium, Iodine, chromium, zinc, copper and vitamin B-complex. It is anti inflammatory, antibacterial, comedogenic, and rich in antioxidants which makes it of great benefits in skin beauty and hair care. The benefits and uses of jojoba oil is numerous but we will list out the most common ones.
- It moisturises the skin. It helps to restore the skin. It is a good oil to use on the skin during dry season (harmattan)
- It reduces stretch marks in pregnant women by constantly rubbing it on the stomach.
- It helps to heal wounds faster especially cuts and burns.
- It is the best oil to treat skin dryness
- It protects the skin against inflammation
- Jojoba oil helps to even skin tone.
- Jojoba oil clears sunburn on the skin
- It absorbs quickly into the skin and it is non greasy making it very good for massage.
- Jojoba oil is a natural cure for eczema. It helps to clear redness on the skin caused by rosacea and dryness of the skin.
- Jojoba oil is good for oily skin. It helps the skin balance oil production by preventing it from secreting more oils.
- Jojoba oil promotes blood flow and makes the skin glow.
- Jojoba oil heals cuts and burns from shaving. Applying it before and/or after shaving makes it a good natural substitute for after shaving cream.
- It treats dry scalp
- It is good for hair conditioning
- Jojoba oil helps to get rid of dandruff in the hair.
- It is a good substance for hair growth. It helps the hair to grow.
- It makes the hair smooth and shine
- It helps to maintain hair colour.
- The antibacterial and properties in jojoba oil helps to keep the scalp clean when applied and massaged into the scalp.
- It helps to reduce hair breakage.
Also Read:Benefits of Lemon Oil and How to Use it
- It reduces wrinkles and signs of aging.
- It reduces dark circles under the eyes
- Massaging jojoba oil into the lips makes it soft and hydrated, it prevents it from dryness and cracks.
- Jojoba oil is an effective natural way of removing makeup. It removes heavy makeup easily.
- Jojoba oil is non toxic and very safe. It does not clog the pores or cause allergic reactions.
- It can be used to treat acne.
- It is a very good cleanser. It clears impurities that have settled on the face and neck. Applying few drops of jojoba oil on the face, massaging it in, leaving it to stay for 10-15 minutes before washing away with cool water helps to clear dirts on the face, making it smooth, clear and glowing.
For General Health;
- It is helpful in treating minor infections like sore throats
- Rubbing jojoba oil on the cuticles daily encourages nail growth and prevents the nail from breaking.
- Jojoba oil diluted with thyme oil can be used as mosquito repellent.
- It can be applied topically on the skin on the affected areas like acne, prosaisis, raocea, eczema etc.
- For wound treatments such as cuts and burns, apply few drops on the affected area.
- For hair; Add 1 tablespoon each of jojoba oil to the cup of shampoo and conditioner you want to use per time.
- For lips; Melt beeswax using double boiler method, add one tablespoon of jojoba oil to it, after it is cooled down, add few drops of any essential oil of your choice (e.g. lavender essential oil) and few drops of coconut oil.