Rose oil contains vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Rose essential oil has excellent emollient properties for moisturizing dry skin, it also offers antiseptic and astringent properties to treat skin with acne, as well as anti-inflammatory properties that help treat redness and inflammation. The benefits of rose oil are numerous thus making it’s extraction knowledge very important.
BEAUTY AND HEALTH BENEFITS OF ROSE OIL
- Removes blemishes: Rose oil has the ability to speed up the process of removing blesmishes and marks, fade off stretch marks or marks left behind after chicken/small pox.
- Moisturises: It is a good moisturiser for sensitive skin.
- It treats acne: If every products you use failed to clear your acne. Good news! Dilute a few drops of rose oil with coconut oil and apply on your skin 2-3 times daily. Due to the absence of chemicals in rose oil, it opens up your pores and absorb all the minerals your natural oil produces. This gives your skin much needed nourishment which clears acne.
- It prevents wrinkles and a good antiaging agent: The antioxidants in rose oil makes it the perfect enemy of wrinkles. Using rose oil regularly will help increase the production of collagen, leaving your skin younger looking. Also, it helps get rid of dark circles around the eyes and puffy eyes.
- Treats wounds and prevents excess bleeding: Applying rose oil to wounds instead of antiseptic is the most fragrant and luxurious way to treat wounds. It helps to prevent the wound from becoming septic and developing infections.
- It regulates hormone production and helps balance them: It is one of the best oil for shinning. The aroma keeps a charged and happy feeling. It promotes circulation, takes care of the heart, helps cure headache, asthma and dehydration.
- Aromatherapy: It works as an antidepressant. It eases off tension in the nerves and helps improve blood circulation and heals the overall mechanism of the body. This makes it an essential item in massage and aromatherapy.
HOW TO EXTRACT ROSE OIL
Content; Rose petals, hot water, extra virgin olive oil.
- Place a pot of 200 ml of water on medium heat. When the water starts steaming, turn off the heat.
- Shred the rose petals into the glass container.
Add 100-200 ml of extra virgin olive oil into the glass container, stir the oil and rose petals.
- Cover the glass container and place it in the steamed water for at least 20 mins.
- Bring it out, shake it together, let it sit for at least 24 hours, you can leave it for 3 days, till the pink/red colour of the rose petals dissolves into the oil.
- Sieve the oil out and store in a bottle.
Note: To get a higher concentration of rose oil, you will need 60-150 petals of roses for 100-200 ml of the essential oil (extra virgin olive oil).