We all love a smooth spotless skin. Dark spots, acne and toughness can be caused by various factors, some of which are; sunlight, allergy to some foods or products, leaving make up on your face for too long. Here I will outline 9 ways to get rid of dark spots and acne from your face so you can enjoy your natural glow.
Honey is a very good natural antioxidant and antibacterial substance. These properties of honey makes it a good skin care agent.
- Apply original honey on your face and leave for 15 to 30 mins before washing off with a face towel and tepid water. Do this for at least 5 times daily, it will help reduce acne, pimples and dark spots.
- For a fairer skin, add in 6:3 of honey and half caste oil.
Sugar is a very good exfoliator, lemon itself is a cleaning agent.
- Add few drops of lemon oil to a desired amount of sugar.
- Apply on your face, massage it into your skin, do this for 15 minutes and wash off with warm water.
- After the wash off, splash enough cool water on your face to seal your pores.
Clay or mud scrub:
This is highly effective. You can add beet root or powdered guava/avocado leaves(optional).
- Get your clay, mix it with your powdered guava leaves and water to form a paste.
- Apply on face after deep cleaning your face with a towel, let it stay for 15 -30 mins and wash it off with cold water.
Note: You can wash off with warm water, ensure you use cold water after doing so.
Egg white and lemon:
Egg white is a top natural skin glow substance. Lemon has antibacterial properties.
- Add drops of natural lemon juice extract to your egg white.
- Stir together and apply on your washed face.
- You leave for hours, it is best effective to use at night before going to bed, you wash off in the morning.
If you repeat this process not only will you get rid of acne, you will get a glowing face and body.
Honey and Milk Mask:
Honey is a good antibacterial and antioxidant, it has been known since ages to be among the most influential organic products when it comes to any issue.
Ingredients: Milk, Honey.
- Mix honey with a dash of milk and warm it.
- Mix the two components together till they turn into a thick paste consistency.
- Using a cotton ball, apply it over your face, and nose liberally.
- Apply a thin strip of cotton over the places where you have applied this paste, and let dry.
- Let it be for twenty minutes, and peel the strip carefully from the face. You instantly see your skin glow and radiant in the absence of those unwanted black spots dotting your nose.
- Wash your face and apply moisturizer.
Egg White Deep Cleansing Peel-off Mask with lime:
Many face mask contains egg white. Egg whites has many properties that will make your skin supple and soft. Egg whites have astringent properties that help a lot when you need to shrink your pores and need to remove blackheads.
Ingredients: Egg White- 1 spoon, Lime Juice- 1 spoon, Tissue paper, Brush to apply.
- Take a clean bowl and mix together Lime juice and the egg white.
- Mix it thoroughly till it evens out.
- Using the brush, carefully apply the mixture to the affected areas.
- Keep away from eyes and eyebrows.
- Gently apply a layer of tissue over the face, on top of the egg whites and lime juice mixture.
- Cover the area neatly.
- Let the mask dry and sit for around 10 minutes. Meanwhile, you will feel your skin tightening.
- Carefully remove the mask in an upward motion. Be gentle and slow.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water, and apply moisturizer.
You will see a stark difference as the pores shrink, and there is an obvious absence of blackheads.
Turmeric, Mint, and Gelatin Face Peel-Off Mask:
Turmeric has more than 300 oxidants found in it. There are a plethora of benefits that you can reel in from this one magical ingredient.
Ingredients: Mint Leaves- Two Tablespoons,Turmeric- Half Teaspoon, Gelatin-1 Tablespoon.
- Boil some water, drop the mint leaves, and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Strain the leaves, and in the water add turmeric powder as well as gelatin.
- Mix thoroughly till you see it become a paste.
- Wait for a few minutes to let it cool off.
- Lather the thick paste on your face, or the affected areas.
- Allow the mask to dry for 15 minutes.
- Gently peel off the mask in an upward motion. Clean the tiny specks using cotton swabs.
- Wash the face is with warm water and moisturize.
You will see your skin get clearer and neater.
The gelatin pulls out the blackheads, leaving your skin smooth and glowing.
Honey and Pineapple Face Peel-off Mask:
Pineapple contains many beneficial nutrients such as bromelain which reduces swelling and inflammation. It also has essential vitamins and antioxidants. Honey with it’s healing properties is a perfect mix.
Ingredients: Honey- 1 tablespoon, Pineapple juice- ¼ cup (natural extract), gelatin- 1 tablespoon.
- Take a clean bowl, and pour fresh pineapple juice as well as honey in it.
- Microwave the mixture, or put in on the flame for a few seconds till it becomes warm enough for the gelatin.
- Add the powdered gelatin to and mix till you see it become an even paste.
- Let the paste cool down to a lukewarm temperature, but warm enough.
- Apply it generously over the affected area or the entire face.
- Allow it to dry, till you feel the skin tighten.
- Peel the mask off gently in an upward movement, and wash the face with warm water afterward.
- As you remove the peel, you will see an instant difference in the softness of your kin.
Acne might not disappear immediately, but apply it once in a week, and you will see and obvious reduction in acne problems and severity.
Oatmeal, Honey and Yogurt Face Peel-Off Mask:
Yogurt is great for the skin for many reasons. It has nourishing properties that help to make the skin softer and smoother.
Oatmeal has been a part of many organic face masks and scrubs, as the rough texture proves to be ideal for exfoliation.
Ingredients: Oatmeal- 1 Tablespoon, Milk- 2 Tablespoons, Honey- 1 Teaspoon, Yogurt- 1 Tablespoon.
- Prepare the breakfast oatmeal by adding milk to it, and heating over the flame for a few minutes.
- Add the yogurt to the mixture along with honey.
- Stir till it becomes a thick and creamy paste.
- Let it cool down to room temperature.
- Lather the paste on the affected areas or the entire face, and cover with a damp washcloth.
- Let dry for about half an hour, and keep the nostrils open for breathing.
- Peel away the mask as soon as you feel the skin tightening or when it dries.
- Swipe away the stray spots using cotton.
- Wash face with warm water, and apply moisturizer evenly.