ROSEWATER BENEFITS AND USES
Rosewater is water gotten from rose petals. It is an age long beauty recipe in the middle East. It has both beauty and medicinal purposes. It is famous to be the beauty regimen of the Egyptian Queen, Cleopatra. Rosewater is good for all skin types- dry, oily and combination. Also,it is perfect for sensitive skin. Rosewater benefits and uses as well as it’s extraction process are detailed in this article.
BENEFITS OF ROSEWATER
- Rosewater is rich in antioxidants which makes it a good anti aging recipe,it also reduces wrinkles.
- It helps treats wounds- cuts and burns faster.
- It is a very good makeup remover
- Inhaling the fragrance from Rosewater is a good way to treat depression, grief and moodiness.
- Rosewater is edible. Drinking it treats indigestion.
- The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects of rosewater makes it a good treatment for acne, eczema and rashes.
- It’s a very good natural body fragrance. Add rosewater to your bath, it calms your body and gives you a good scent.
- It tones and nourishes the skin
- It is a good hair conditioner. Makes the hair shine.
- Rosewater is a good recipe in treating itching scalp, also helps the hair grow faster.
- Also, research has proven that rosewater treats eyes itching. Use rosewater as eyes drop
USES OF ROSE WATER
- After washing your face, damp your face towel with rosewater and water, use it to deep clean your face.
- Add few drops of coconut oil in rosewater, dip cotton swab into it, use it to clean your face after a mild wash. Do this at least twice daily to help you get rid of acne and redness.
- Cotton dipped in rosewater is a perfect make-up remover.
It clears dark circles, acne, raocea, roughness and wrinkles. Generally, it revitalises the skin and glow.
For Melanin skin:
- Add 5 ml of coconut oil in 60ml of rosewater.
- Melt 50-100 grams of cocoa butter in 5-10 ml of honey using double boiler method.
- Add the rosewater (with coconut oil) to the melted cocoa butter, whisk them together till it is smooth.
- Scoop into an airtight container.
For Fair skin;
Rosewater is a natural toner, which makes it a perfect substance for light skin.
- Add 5 ml of lemon essential oil into 60 ml of rosewater.
- Using double boiler method- heat up 2 tablespoons of half-caste oil, 1 tablespoon of carrot oil,1 tablespoon of honey, 2 tablespoon of kodjic powder till the kodjic powder dissolves.
- Pour the rosewater into the kodjic powder solution.
- Whisk till you get your cream
- Scoop into an airtight container
- Store in a cool and dry place.
Rosewater is an essential recipe in aromatherapy. It has been proven with research- it calms the nerve, making it a good substance in treating headache when the steam is inhaled; also it treats depression, moodiness and grief.
Fill your bath with rose water, soak yourself in it.
Add enough rose water to water at about 60°C, put your face over the water, inhale deeply.
Also Read:SHEA BUTTER: BENEFITS AND USES
Rosewater helps treat itchy scalp, makes the hair grow and shine, also a very good hair conditioner.
- Melt 50-100 grams of Shea butter in 20-40ml of coconut oil using double boiler method.
- Whisk 20-40 grams of aloe vera,10 ml of Jazmine oil and 100 ml of rosewater till it is smooth.
- Cool the melted Shea butter for about 30 mins, add the whisked aloe vera to it, whisk together until it is smooth.
- Scoop an stir in an airtight container.
This is one of the best DIY homemade conditioner.
Note: For post conditioning, after washing your hair, rinse thoroughly with a good amount of rosewater, make sure you massage it into your hair roots, then leave it to dry.
HOW TO EXTRACT ROSEWATER:
Rosewater can be extracted easily at home. All you need is a pot, airtight glass or jar and sieve.
- Place a clean pot of water over medium heat
- Shred enough rose petals, pour them into the pot of water and
- Before the water boils, put down the pot, cover it, let it cool down for at least 1 hour.
Note: The longer you leave it, the more the concentration of the rose In the rosewater. I leave mine for at least 6 hours. Store in an airtight container.