Around the world, people are gradually adopting the use of pure natural products. Carrot oil is one very useful natural product because it is rich in vitamins and other nutrients. The importance of knowing how to make carrot oil cannot be over emphasized.
Benefits of Carrot Oil
Carrot in general contains vitamins A, C and E, beta-carotene and other antioxidants. These nutrients posses high conditioning properties, hence they are excellent moisturizers for the skin and scalp.
Some of the benefits of carrot oil include;
- Reduces the signs of aging.
- Repairs damaged skin.
- Carrot oil stimulates hair growth.
- It also improves blood circulation.
- Furthermore, it protects the hair and skin from harsh weather conditions, sunlight, chemicals and pollution.
How to Make Carrot Oil
The processes involved in making carrot oil is simple but time consuming, therefore a lot of patience is needed to acquire an excellent result.
- 2 carrots
- Natural oil like coconut oil, olive oil or sunflower oil.
- Veggie peeler
- Grater or food processor
- Crock pot or rice cooker
- Mesh strainer or cheesecloth
- Plastic bottle or jar.
- First of all, wash and peel off the skin of the carrots.
- Grate the carrots using either a grater or a food processor.
- Place the grated carrots in an oven. This is done to remove water content from the carrot. A dehydrator can also be used.
- Place the dehydrated carrots in the crock pot or rice cooker and add oil to it. Note: 2 1/4 cup of oil.
- Set the temperature of the pot at warm so that it won’t exceed 100 degrees Fahrenheit and leave it for 24 – 72 hours. You will notice the color of the oil changing to orange.
- Once the infusion process is complete, pour the oil and carrot mixture into the mesh strainer or cheese clothe and strain the oil from the carrot.
- Pour the oil in a jar or plastic bottle and store in a refrigerator.
This carrot oil can last for 6-8 months if properly stored.
Note: ensure not to use too much of it at a time so as to avoid having orange coloration on your skin or hair. A few drops mixed with your cream or soup is the perfect way to use it.